Monday, November 13, 2006

A Proper Vacation

I can almost taste it: Full days all devoted to relax- -ation. Sitting on a beach somewhere or on a meditation retreat or even better at one of my favorite places in the world, Esalen.

Or, renting a house somewhere goregous and having all of my favorite girlfriends come just hang out for a little while - Kathy, Sara, Neha, Helen, Anya, Jane, Barbara, Susan, Merissa, and Jennifer would be there. We'd cook ourselves these fabulous meals and sit in a hot tub with a bit of aromatherapy in the evening and go hiking during the day and lounge around talking and drinking wine that somehow wouldn't aggrevate my migraines.

Or, going to some destination spa with one of my best friends, Kathy. We'd have several days just to completely pamper ourselves and relax and talk and walk around in robes and have beautiful things around us to savor. We'd exercise a lot and eat well and just feel really good about ourselves by the end. I'd spend some quiet time to myself writing poetry.

No comments: